Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peppermint Lemon - A New Tradition

My daddy has a little bit of everything growing in his yard. However, Little Mister has always loved his little lemon tree. This year we brought a few home and decided to make a 'new' Christmas tradition around here.
First, we rolled the lemon and squeezed it to get the insides all juicy. My little guy really enjoyed this part!!
When I could talk him into giving me back the lemon, I cut a small X on one side. I carefully inserted a candy cane which, by the way, I had cut both ends off. [Cutting the cane allows the exposed porous ends to easily become a straw.]
The candy cane's  sweetness helps the "tang" of the lemon somewhat!
As you can see by the pictures, He really enjoyed it.



I saw this lemon straw somewhere but can't remember. If you have posted it before, feel free to contact me so I can link back to you!
Hope you are beyond blessed during this Christmas season!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool trick! Love it! Will try it with my kids! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool idea and I can tell that he loved it! I'm linking up from the Harvest of Friends Blog Hop. I would love for you to follow me back!
    http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop. Cute idea, my youngest loves lemons. We go through at least a bag a week.
    www.cheermamadrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete